Ph.D. (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)
M.Sc. (Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay)
B.Sc. (University of Mumbai)
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA, 2001-2004
Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (May 2004 - July 2012 )
Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (July 2012 - present )
- "Stereoselective Synthesis and Applications of Nitrogen Substituted Donor-Acceptor Cyclopropanes (N-DACs) in the Divergent Synthesis of Azacycles"
Gharpure, S.J; U. Vijayasree and S. R. B. Reddy, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2012, 10, 1735.
- "Stereoselective Synthesis of C-Substituted Morpholine Derivatives using Reductive Etherification Reaction: Total Synthesis of Chelonin C".
Gharpure, S.J; and J. V. K. Prasad, J. Org. Chem. 2011, 76, 10325
- "Stereoselective synthesis of oxazino[4,3-a]indoles employing oxa-Pictet-Spengler reaction of indoles bearing N-tethered vinylogous carbonate".
Gharpure, S.J.; A. M. Sathiyanarayanan, Chem. Commun., 2011, 47, 3625.
- "Alkyl radical cyclization to vinylogous carbonates for the stereoselective synthesis of unsymmetrical dioxa-cage compounds: Effect of conformation on the rate of cyclization v/s reduction"
Gharpure, S.J.; S. K. Porwal, Tetrahedron, 2011, 67, 1216
- "Tandem Alkylation-Michael Addition to Vinylogous Carbonates for the Stereoselective Construction of 2,3,3,6-Tetrasubstituted Tetrahydropyrans".
Gharpure, S.J; S. R. B. Reddy, Org. Lett. 2009, 11, 2519
- "o-Quinone Methide Based Approach to Isoflavans: Application to the Total Syntheses of Equol, 3'-Hydroxyequol and Vestitol".
Gharpure, S.J ; A. M. Sathiyanarayanan, P. Jonnalagadda, Tetrahedron Lett. 2008, 49, 2974.