Department of Chemistry
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Powai, Mumbai 400076
Ph: 022-2576 7182
Fax: 022-2576 7152
B.Sc. Osmania University (1992)
University of Hyderabad (1994)
Ph.D. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (2000)
J.S.P.S. Postdoctoral Fellow, Tohoku
University, Sendai, JAPAN
Postdoctoral Fellow, University
of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
Assistant Professor, IIT Bombay (2003-April,2007)
Associate Professor, IIT Bombay (2007- June 2012)
Professor, IIT Bombay (June 2012 - )
interactions, such as hydrogen bonding, have profound effect on structure and
reactivity both in Chemistry and Biology. The major thrust of our group is to
understand intermolecular interactions at a fundamental level. This is
achieved by investigating Molecular Clusters using a combination of
experimental and theoretical methods. This understanding of the
intermolecular interactions at the fundamental level enables us to look into
problems which have practical applications; such are Hydrogen Storage Materials,
Bio-conjugate Chemistry, Surface attachment of Peptides and Proteins, and
understanding the effect of fluorination on the folding properties of proteins.
■ Spectroscopy and Dynamics of Molecular Clusters
■ Hydrogen Storage and Retrieval
■ Bio-conjugate Chemistry
■ Surface Attachment of Peptides and Proteins
■ Fluorine in Structural Biology
- "Infrared-Optical Double Resonance Spectroscopy: A selective and sensitive tool to investigate structures of molecular clusters in the gas-phase." P. C. Singh
G. Naresh Patwari
Curr. Sci. (2008) In press.
- "Water Complexes of Styrene and 4-Fluorostyrene: A combined Electronic, Vibrational Spectroscopic and Ab-Initio Investigation." P. C. Singh, S. Maity, G. Naresh Patwari J. Phys. Chem. A. (2008) In press.
- "Infrared-Optical Double-Resonance Measurements on O-H H-Ge Diydrogen- Bonded Phenol-triethylgermanium hydride Complex in the Gas Phase." P. C. Singh, D. K. Maity, G. Naresh Patwari. J. Phys. Chem. A. 112 (2008) 5930.
- "IR-UV double resonance spectroscopic investigation of phenylacetylene-alcohol complexes. Alkyl group induced hydrogen bond switching." P. C. Singh, G. Naresh Patwari. J. Phys. Chem. A. 112 (2008) 5121.
- "Electronic and vibrational spectroscopic investigation of phenylacetylene-amine complexes. Evidence for the diversity in the intermolecular structures." P. C. Singh, G. Naresh Patwari. J. Phys. Chem. A. 112 (2008) 4426
- "The structure of phenylacetylene-water complex as revealed by IR-UV double resonance spectroscopy." P. C. Singh, B. Bandyopadhyay, G. Naresh Patwari. J. Phys. Chem. A. 112 (2008) 3360.
- "Cyclohexane as a Li+ Selective Ionophore." G. Naresh Patwari, J. M. Lisy. J. Phys. Chem. A. 111 (2007) 7585.
- "Photoelectron spectroscopy of hydrated hexafluorobenzene anions." S. N. Eustis, D. Wang, K. H. Bowen, G. Naresh Patwari. J. Chem. Phys. 127 (2007) 114312.
- "Proton Affinity Correlations between Hydrogen and Dihydrogen Bond Acceptors. P. C. Singh, G. Naresh Patwari."J. Phys. Chem. A. 111 (2007) 3178.
- "Theoretical investigation of in-plane hydrogen-bonded complexes of ammonia with partially substituted fluorobenzenes." P. C. Singh, M. Ray, G. Naresh Patwari. J. Phys. Chem. A. 111 (2007) 2772.
structure of phenylacetylene-water complex as revealed by IR-UV double
resonance spectroscopy. Prashant
Chandra Singh, Biswajit Bandyopadhyay and G. Naresh Patwari, Submitted for publication.
- Proton Affinity correlations between
hydrogen and dihydrogen bond acceptors. Prashant
Chandra Singh and G. Naresh Patwari. J. Phys. Chem. A 111 (2007) 3178.
- Theoretical investigation of in-plane
hydrogen-bonded complexes of ammonia with partially substituted fluorobenzenes. Prashant Chandra Singh, Mohana
Ray and G. Naresh Patwari, J. Phys. Chem. A 111 (2007) 2772.
- Complete infrared spectroscopic
characterization of phenol-borane-trimethylamine
dihydrogen-bonded complex in the gas phase. G. Naresh Patwari, Asuka Fujii, and Naohiko Mikami, J. Chem.
Phys. 124 (2006) 241103.
- The C-H∙∙∙H-B
dihydrogen bonded borane-trimethylamine dimer: A computational study. Prashant
Chandra Singh and G. Naresh Patwari, Chem. Phys. Lett.
419 (2006) 5.
- Theoretical investigation of C-H∙∙∙H-B
dihydrogen bonded complexes of acetylenes with borane-trimethylamine.
Prashant Chandra Singh and G. Naresh Patwari.
Chem. Phys. Lett. 419 (2006) 265.
- Proton affinities of borane-amines: Consequences on dihydrogen bonding.
G. Naresh Patwari, J. Phys. Chem. A 109 (2005) 2035.