Postdoctoral Fellow; University of Stuttgart (Germany) (2011-2012).
Postdoctoral Fellow; University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (USA) (2009-2011).
Ph.D.; Indian Institute of Science (IISc) (2003-2009).
Assistant Professor, IIT Bombay (January 2013 - )
My broad research interest is statistical mechanics and its application to chemical, soft matter & biology inspired physics. I have been applying equilibrium and time dependent statistical mechanics to different problems in physical chemistry, polymer physics and biology inspired physics.
Tools I use
- Feynman's Path Integral
- Green's Function Techniques
- Brownian Dynamics
- Reaction Rate Theories
- Integral Equation Theory (PRISM)
- Naive Mode Coupling Theory
- Polymer Dynamics
- Molecular Dynamics Simulation
- Diffusion in an elastic medium: A model for macromolecule transport across the nuclear pore complex. Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Ananya Debnath and K. L. Sebastian, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 404, 65, 2014. DOI arXiv:0706.3758
- End to end loop formation in a single polymer chain with internal friction - Nairhita Samanta and Rajarshi Chakrabarti Chem. Phys. Letts., 592, 71 , 2013. DOI
- Tracer diffusion in crowded cylindrical channel. Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Stefan Kesselheim, Peter Kosovan and Christian Holm, Phys. Rev. E, 87, 062709, 2013 DOI
- Dynamics of end to end loop formation in viscoelastic fluid. Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 391, 5326 2012 DOI
- Dynamics of end to end loop formation: A flexible chain in the presence of hydrodynamic interaction. Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 391, 4081, 2012 DOI
- Packing Correlations, Collective Scattering and Compressibility of Fractal-like Aggregates in Polymer Nanocomposites and Suspensions.Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Jean-Yves Delannoy, Marc Couty and Kenneth S Schweizer, Soft Matter, 7, 5397 2011. (This article was selected for the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science and Technology) DOI
- Bubble dynamics in double stranded DNA: A Rouse chain based approach. Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Chem. Phys. Letts., 502, 107 2011 DOI
- Polymer mediated structure of nanoparticles in dense melts: transferability and effective one component approach. Rajarshi Chakrabarti and Kenneth S. Schweizer, J. Chem. Phys. 133, 144905 2010. (This article was selected for the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science and Technology) DOI
- Dynamic disorder with exponential sink. Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Chem. Phys. Letts., 495, 60 2010 DOI.
- A lower bound to the survival probability and an approximate first passage time distribution for Markovian and non-Markovian dynamics in phase space - Rajarshi Chakrabarti and K. L. Sebastian, J. Chem. Phys. 131, 224504 2009. DOI
- Transient state work fluctuation theorem for a classical harmonic oscillator linearly coupled to a harmonic bath - Rajarshi Chakrabarti, Pramana J. Phys., 72(4), 665, 2009. DOI
- Exact Analytical Evaluation of Time Dependent Transmission Coefficient from the method of reactive flux for an inverted parabolic barrier. Rajarshi Chakrabarti, J. Chem. Phys., 126 (13), 134106 2007. (This article was selected for the Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research). DOI
- Rate Processes with Dynamical Disorder: A Direct Variational Approach. Ananya Debnath, Rajarshi Chakrabarti and K. L. Sebastian, J. Chem. Phys., 124 (20), 204111, 2006. DOI.